As part of its deployment strategy in the tourism sector, the 16th May 2019 Batipart acquired 100% of the capital of PARC OMEGA Inc., a Canadian company which owns and operates a wildlife and cultural park located in the Outaouais region of Quebec (between Montreal and Ottawa). Parc Omega is an innovative tourism project dedicated to the observation of the North American wildlife and presenting Canada’s great history in nature.
The 800-hectare park offers a circuit by car during which you can discover Canadian animals (wolves, foxes, elk, moose, bison) in their natural environment, while focusing on Canada’s origins (11 Indian nations hiking trail, restored farm, trading post, lumberjack’s cabin, sugar shack…) and offers food and some atypical accommodation (26 to date).
- Unique in its kind, PARC OMEGA welcomes several hundred thousand visitors per year (277,000 in 2018) and regularly wins awards in the tourism sector.
- New growth areas can be envisaged such as: improving the provision of accommodation on site, strengthening and differentiating the activities and services offered to visitors, a new customer segmentation and pricing strategy, and increased monetisation of data.
- The Park’s growth will be carried out in accordance with its DNA and in a reasoned manner, in close consultation with its founder.
Long-term investment with two objectives:
- To set up a Batipart platform dedicated to tourism
- To strengthen Batipart’s activity in North America.